Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Lack of Motivation....

Was my latest anwser that I recieved from a job interview.
Do these people actually understand what they're talking about?

How in god's name can i have a lack of motivation? I'm currently unemployed and activly seeking a new job. Do they think I enjoy beeing unemployed? They think this is a game?
Do they even understand that they're playing with people's futures?

Get more experience, get more motivation, you lack the knowledge, you don't have the required skills for .NET, C++, Java and whatever other programming languages.
How the fuck do the people get experience in something if they're not hired, not selected for a job, NOT EVEN GIVEN A CHANCE?

Recruitment is a messed up business. It's no longer about bringing the right person to the job, it's just about who can make the most money for the company.

I've had it with this crap really.

2 comments:

  1. Risu. What can I say? Your attitude seems to be "not helping". Honestly from my experience the vast majority of recruiters are looking for "can do" attitude. The lack of which they often claim is "low motivation". I am not criticising you as believe me I know what its like to be unemployed and look for work, on contrary I am trying to help you. Throw away your "bad things happen to good people" attitude out of the window, the recruiters like wolf can feel it in your sweat, instead concentrate on all the positive stuff and there is plenty of it. Undertake a small project on volunteer basis or just a textbook, spend lots of time researching the ready examples, apply your desire to achieve something. I believe in you, do you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Which is bollocks really.
    I am working on projects in my free time and I can bring up alot of motivation as to why I would want the job, so I fail to see where the problem lies.

    I have alot of books I use to keep up to date such as the "Programming Patterns" by the big four, "ASP.NET 3.5 applications" and "Developing .NET applications with WCF" and these things are mentioned in an interview.

    So don't treat me as if I don't know what I'm talking about, because it's going on for 6 months now.
    I don't claim they're all bad, because I've had nice experiences as well with some of them, and their grounds were justified.

    ReplyDelete