Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Visual Studio

Been a while since I wrote on my blog, need to do this on a more regular basis...

So, at work we've finally started the move towards Visual Studio. It will be a long process to do, since all our software is written in the Borland IDE. I'm normally not a fighter for a specific compiler environment, but I can say that I do not like the Borland environment at all.
Perhaps it's Delphi, perhaps it's Borland itself. But I can never get the IDE to do what I want it to do, and the debugger in Borland is lacking when comparing it to the Visual Studio one.

The biggest challenge now will be to create the same functionality in Visua Studio that we had with the Delphi components from Borland. Although we will not achieve the same "lazy-mode", I'm pretty sure we can fine-tune our own DLLs and use then inside the .NET framework to make new cutting-edge applications.

This new Visual Studio 2010 looks promising. The new look&feel makes it more enjoyable to work in it then the previous versions. Only downside for me at the moment is the lack of intellisense in the C++ environment. During the Beta2 it was not present, and this is severly lacking for some operations. I really hope Microsoft puts it back in at some point.

I've also made some changes to my Blog. No more Anonymous comments from now i'm afraid. Too much moderation work of spam and unwanted ads on the blog. So if you wish to comment, you'll have to make an account I'm afraid.

No comments:

Post a Comment